Conditions for use
For intramuscular or intravenous administration.
Bottle of 50ml.
Cattle: 2 ml per 45 kg body weight. Repeat if necessary at 24h intervals for up to 3 consecutive days.
Swine: 2 ml per 45 kg body weight once by intramuscular injection only.
Horses: 1 ml per 45 kg body weight by intravenous injection only. Treatment may be repeated once or twice if colic recurs. In case of musculo-skeletal disorders, treatment is once daily for up to 5 days according to clinical response.
Inject the product slowly and apply at body temperature. Administration should be stopped immediately if signs of intolerance occur. An adequate water supply should be provided.
Cattle: 14 days.
Pigs: 24 days.
Cattle: 2 days.
Do not use in horses producing meat or milk for human consumption.
- Do not exceed the recommended dose or duration of treatment.
- Do not use in horses used in competitive sports.
- Do not administer to pregnant mares or sows, or 48 hours before expected parturition until postpartum expulsion of the placenta in cows.
- Do not use in lactating mares producing milk for human consumption.
- Do not use in bulls intended for breeding, as reproductive effects of Banixin-50 in these classes of cattle have not been investigated.
- Do not administer to dehydrated, hypovolemic or hypotensive animals or animals suffering from cardiac, hepatic or renal disease.
- Banixin-50 is contraindicated in animals with risk of gastro-intestinal ulceration or bleeding, where there is evidence of a blood dyscrasia or hypersensitivity to the product.
- Do not administer to the animals undergoing general anesthesia until fully recovered.
- Avoid intra-arterial injection or concurrent administration of other NSAIDs and nephrotoxic drugs.
- Use in any animal less than 6 weeks of age or in aged animals may involve additional risks.